I’m not a huge fan of granola… but granola bars? We’ve entered a whole new ballgame by making these homemade. This has been a perfect add-in to my daily routine as it’s great as a snack at work or for a quick energy boost before a workout. It’s protein-packed and for someone who doesn’t like a lot of sweet things, I can’t get enough!
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yields: 8-12 bars (depending on what size you cut them into)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup nut four (the one I used was a combo of almond, coconut, pecan and walnut flour...uhm, yum!)
2 tsp flaxseeds
½ tsp salt
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup vegan butter (I prefer almond oil butter)
¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup cashews
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Place peanut butter and vegan butter in a small pot or saucepan. Put on low heat, just enough to melt and stir. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and stir together.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. It should be a sticky mixture similar to cookie dough. Next, fold in vegan chocolate chips, dried cranberries and cashews.
3. Line a 9x9in baking pan with parchment or wax paper. Pour your mixture into the pan and press it down firmly and evenly. Place in freezer for 15 minutes or refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Lastly, cut bars into a size of your choice and remove from pan. Keep refrigerated for later use and enjoy!