6 Easy Ways to Jump-Start your Day!
Updated: Sep 4, 2019
If you’re like me, setting a good tone in the morning can make all the difference in your mindset for the rest of the day. Don’t let waking up on the wrong side of the bed throw you off your game. Try one, or all, of my favorite ways to kick-start a positive and productive day!
1. Drink a Glass of Water: Before you go straight towards the coffee or Keurig machine, hydrate yourself! Your body is still working a lot while you sleep – digesting, repairing muscles, and more. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps to flush out any toxins left over and kick-start your metabolism.
2. 10-30 Minutes of Movement: Whether it’s yoga, a HIIT workout, going for a run, or simply meditating while seated, adding some thoughtful movement to your morning helps to start up your metabolism, get your adrenaline running and set a positive mindset for the rest of the day.
3. Accomplish 1 Simple Task: Make your bed, wash the leftover dishes from dinner last night, or write a to-do list. Finishing a simple task in the morning sets the tone for success and encourages you to remain productive.
4. Journal: Or simply jot down any notes lingering from the day before. Sometimes I wake up with a mindful of things I’m anxious or worried about. It’s so helpful to write this down to wash away any negative thoughts from your mind and focus on what you want to accomplish.
5. Set an Intention: If there’s one thing you really want to accomplish today, what would it be? It can be a task, or even a mindset. For example, “be positive no matter what happens today”, “practice patience”, or “encourage self-love by focusing on things I like about myself” could each be your theme for the day.
6. Name 3 Things You're Grateful For: Recognizing the positive things in your life is a great way to instill gratitude and appreciation for yourself and others. You have so much to be thankful for, so take the time to acknowledge those things!
Try adding some of these tips during your morning routine and let me know how it goes! Which are your favorites?